Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The New Basic


As much as I hate admitting that I actually walked into an American Apparel (hello 13 year old "hipsters"), every now and again, you can find a real "basic" gem that's actually worth the overpriced American made blah blah blah price tag attached. Most recently being, this denim skirt. Ive been hunting for a jean skirt that's obviously not 80's, not tight, not too short, and most certainly, not going to make me look like a Mom "trying too hard" or a 12 year old. Despite the picture attached, I bought this skirt in aprox. 1-2 sizes above my normal size. The result is a -mid to short- length jean skirt that sits just slightly below my belly button (as opposed to the very "high" waist as described/styled), and just a hint of looseness that doesn't deem inappropriately ill fitted. In English? Its actually not awkwardly fitted at all AND so completely basic that I cant believe I didnt think of this sooner. Could this "new basic" perhaps replace my jean cut offs that I live in all summer?
p.s. I bought the lighter color denim as it had a cleaner "look" than the semi dark color pictured above

No comments:

Post a Comment